Professional Insurance Corporation Zambia
Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Head Office
Reports To: Finance Manager
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for ensuring timely capture, accuracy, completeness and quality of all Financial Transactions in the General Ledger for Financial Reporting purposes.
- Maintain accurate general ledger accounts for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and ensure all outstanding unreconciled items are addressed.
- Assist in cash flow forecasting and overall treasury management.
- Ensure that Fixed Asset are properly accounted for in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Ensure investments are properly accounted for and accurate monthly reports produced on time .
- Assist in ensuring that the corporation’s tax and other compliance returns are submitted on time to the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Participate in IFRS implementation projects and ensure financial policies and procedures are followed.
- Attend to internal and external audit queries.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, CA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Minimum 3 years work experience preferably in a busy audit or finance department .
- Experience in Insurance accounting added advantage.
- Knowledge of IFRS and Zambian tax laws
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work in teams.
- Highly innovative and able to quickly embrace technological changes.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure
Applications and supporting documentation including a CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business, 4th May 2019
Address applications to:
The Executive Head-Human Resources , Professional Insurance Corporation Zambia, Plot 194 Great North Road, Finsbury Park-Kabwe Roundabout, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date for applications: 4th May 2019
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com