Minsitry of Commerce, Trade and Industry
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, TRADE AND INDUSTRY
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO FILL VACANCIES IN THE NATIONAL IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (NIU) ENHANCED INTEGRATED FRAMEWORK (EIF)
Zambia has been implementing the Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) Programme under Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCTI) since 2010. The Programme has contributed to building the capacity of MCTI and other national implementing agencies to effectively formulate and implement pro=poor trade policies and strategies. In 2012 t0 2015, the EIF supported MCTIto implement a project to support the development of the honey sector in Zambia. The Project, Trade and Investment Project for Enhanced Competitiveness of Zambia’s Apiculture Sector (TIPEC-ZAS) Project was implemented on
behalf of MCTI by SNV Zambia.
Building on the EIF capacity enhancement support and TIPEC-ZAS Project, the Government of Zambia through MCTI and with the support of the EIF will implement the Cooperatives Development and Sustainability Project (CDSP). The overall objective of the Project is to enhance Zambia’s nontraditional exports through improved productivity of cooperatives and to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry to effectively coordinate trade mainstreaming. The project has two components, namely, Enhancing Capacity of Cooperative Officers to Deliver Competitive Business Development Services component and Sustainability Support to MCTI and other national implementing agencies component.
The objective of the Cooperative Development Component of the Project is to contribute to the promotion of non-traditional exports in selected value chains; and improved livelihoods and competitiveness of cooperatives. The Project will focus on cooperatives in the in sectors and value chains which have been prioritized in the National Export Strategy. The Project will encourage participation of youth cooperatives and female headed cooperatives and cooperatives with at least 50% female membership. Towards the attainment of this objective, this component of the project will seek to enhance the capacities and capabilities of District Cooperative Officers to deliver business development services to primary and secondary cooperatives. This in turn is expected to increase production and enhance productivity, market access, and improve quality of products.
The objective of the Sustainability Support component of the project is to reinforce and sustain the capacity of MCTI to effectively plan, implement and coordinate the EIF Programme and other Aid for Trade initiatives in Zambia.
The Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following vacancies as part of the EIF National Implementation Unit.
EIF PROJECT OFFICER – MONITORING AND EVALUATION AND STAKEHOLDER LIAISON (POME)
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation and Stakeholder Liaison Officer is responsible for providing technical M&E guidance and management support to the EIF Programme team to enable the team’s efficient and effective monitoring and reporting of its programmes. Reporting to the NIU Coordinator, the key areas of responsibility for the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer include:
- Lead the design and implementation of the program’s M&E framework and information systems to track delivery against program targets, outcomes, and impacts, including clearly defined objectives, indicators, learning mechanisms, and the implementation of appropriate M&E procedures;
- Work with consultants and the programme team to develop a software solution for the management system, supervise the set up and commissioning of the selected system and training of staff in how to use the system;
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, and contribute to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, and other project documents;
- Lead the preparation and dissemination of regular and ad hoc analysis and reporting on programme performance, to ensure access to accurate and relevant management information;
- Establish mechanisms and systems to support stakeholders partners in working out how to improve effectiveness and impact and create sustainable linkages and networks at Provincial and District levels;
- Ensure use of existing evidence to promote improvements, collaboration, learning, and adaption, and identify solutions to promote data-based decision making among programme staff and stakeholders; and
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the EIF NIU Coordinator
- A degree in social sciences, economics, development studies, statistics, project management, evaluation or related field, with relevant training in monitoring and evaluation. Possession of a Master Degree will be an added advantage.
Experience and Skills Required
- At least five years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative analytics and M&E management, information management systems and related reporting;
- Demonstrated expertise and an in-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative research design;
- Experience in creating databases for the entering, processing, cleaning and extraction of data as well as prior experience of analysing qualitative and quantitative datasets and experience using software packages such as SPSS or STATA or NVivo or Atlas.ti, or other equivalent packages;
- Experience working with and preferably training others in software and database applications for data collection, analytics and reporting;
- Previous working experience with the government, cooperatives and private sector institutions would be an asset;
- Strong drive and proven ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong decision-making/problem-solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; and,
- Able to travel extensively and willing to work flexible hours
Contract Duration and Location
- The engagement is for a period of three years based on satisfactory performance
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIONS TOGETHER WITH YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE, INCLUDING A LIST OF 2 REFEREES AND RELEVANT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (INCLUDING COPIES OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS) TO:
THE PERMANENT SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, TRADE & INDUSTRY
P.O. BOX 31968
NEW GOVERNMENT COMPLEX
ATTENTION: DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION
THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS NO LATER THAN 17HRS ON 10TH MAY, 2019. ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS CAN SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS, CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION APPLIED FOR ON THE ENVELOPE, AT THE MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, TRADE AND INDUSTRY, 9TH FLOOR, GOVERNMENT COMPLEX IN THE ASSIGNED BOX. ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.