Dreams Project Officer at Copperbelt Health Education
- Company: Copperbelt Health Education
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
The Copperbelt Health Education Project (CHEP) is a National Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) has in the past 28 years of operated on the Copperbelt , Southern, Eastern ,Central, Lusaka, Luapula and North Western Provinces focusing on Health and Development work. CHEP has carried out activities on the prevention of further spread of HIV, Malaria and TB and other developmental activities.
CHEP has gone into partnership with PACT through implementation of the Z-CHPP Project, which is a USAID funded Project. The project has a DREAMS unity that focuses on Adolescent Girls, Young women aged 10-24, their sexual partners and other priority community based intervention to enhance community uptake of high impact services. The DREAMS component under CHEP is be implemented on the Copperbelt specifically in Kitwe District.
Therefore, CHEP is looking for dynamic person to fill in the following position reporting to the Project Manager:
DREAMS PROJECT OFFICER – Short –Term Contract
The DREAMS Officer will be directly responsible to and supervised by the Project Manager. The DREAMS Officer will provide support to Z-CHPP partners to manage and implement DREAMS activities in Kitwe District. He/ she will work closely with Kitwe DATF and health facilities working in the district and will ensure coordination with other relevant programs and stakeholders at the community and district levels. This is a short term contract (6months) with possibility of renewal based on performance and fund availability.
- Facilitate the designing adaptation and implementation of a safe space model to provide services to adolescent girls and young women in Kitwe.
- Manage the implementation of DREAMS plans and ensure alignment with overall DREAMS objectives and operational guidelines.
- Work with District AIDS Task Forces (DATFs) and health facilities in Kitwe to ensure coordination with other programs and stakeholders.
- Support in developing criteria for identifying and enrolling AGYW into safe spaces.
- Support in the day to day management and implementation of the DREAMS interventions and community strengthening activities in Kitwe District.
- Facilitate timely reporting, monitoring, and analysis of results against set targets, and use of data to adjust implementation strategies as necessary.
- Support in developing, reviewing, and editing of program documents including progress reports, program descriptions, implementation plans and budgets.
- Degree in Gender, Public Health, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or a related field, with specific emphasis on community-level health promotion and/or education.
- Training and knowledge in community HIV/AIDS prevention and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
- Experience in gender and gender based violence programming.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in NGO and HIV environment.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Fluency in the local language and English for day-to-day communication.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
How to Apply
If you meet any of the above requirements, you can send your application Letter with updated CV to the following address no later than 9th April 2019.
C/O The Executive Director P.O.BOX 23567 PLOT NO. 8, Diamond Drive, Martindale, Kitwe Central KITWE