WebsiteZambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS)
Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS) exists to enable the OVC in Zambia, especially the Girl Child and Children with Disabilities to access quality education. ZOCS hopes to achieve this through Advocacy, Capacity Building and support to Community Schools through Service Delivery, mainstreaming the cross cutting issues of gender, HIV and AIDS and disability, as well as learning-based monitoring and evaluation of its interventions. ZOCS seeks to recruit a qualified candidate who is motivated and result oriented to fill the following Position:
POSITION – DISTRICT FACILITATORS (6) – MUMBWA, KAPIRI MPOSHI, KALOMO, ZIMBA, NAMWALA & KAZUNGULA
REPORTS TO – DISTRICT COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Facilitate implementation of project activities; provide regular updates to the District Coordinator on progress of implemented project activities in the assigned district; communicate any changes to the external environment and provide recommendations on the project programming needs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the District Resource Centre Coordinator (DRCC), Zonal In-service Coordinator (ZICs), Parent Community School Committees (PCSC) and teachers to implement the planned project activities.
- Ensure regular monitoring of project (coordinate monitoring schedules with the District Coordinator, the DRCC and ZICs).
- Provide overall coordination for project implementation in the assigned districts including construction of ECE centres, trainings and meetings for stakeholders and procurement and distribution of Teaching and Learning Materials.
- Collect project data as outlined in the monitoring schedules to feed into decision making and reporting.
- Prepare and submit Monthly Field Reports to the District Coordinator on project implementation progress.
- Manage project expenses within the approved budget.
- Coordinate and network with all relevant partners in the district to support the project.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all project related materials.
- Carry out any other task/responsibility as assigned by District Coordinator.
- Advanced Diploma/Diploma in Education, project management, social work or any other related field
- At least 2 years of experience in education and development work.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role with Community Schools essential.
- Possession of a valid Motorcycle license is required for the role.
- NGO experience desirable.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of a smart device.
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Working with People (team player)
- Drive for Results
- Able to work under minimum supervision
Interested candidates should send their application with detailed updated Curriculum Vitae, with copies of credentials, to the address below not later than close of business day on Friday, 10th May, 2019. The subject in the letter of application to read “Application for the position of District Facilitator”. You should also indicate your area of preference. Please do not submit applications through email. Any application sent through email will NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Executive Director
Zambia Open Community Schools
No. 20 Tito Road, Rhodes Park
P.O Box 50429
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com