Requisition Number: 506863
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in z into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Lead and manage a team of dewatering personnel to ensure outputs and KPI’s are achieved
- Pump and pipe selections, installations and relocations
- Diesel Engine maintenance and repairs
- Light Plant maintenance and repairs
- Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to assure maximum reliability and up time.
- Planning and setting out work targets for daily shift work group activities in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Achieving results through prioritizing activities, monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding oneself accountable for the results
- Motivate yourself and others in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals
- Planning & assisting in laying out of work on new projects
- Ensuring maximum plant availability at all time
- A proven ability to work with other disciplines to achieve minimal disruption to plant operating times
- Trade qualified Fitter or Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum of 10 years Operations Experience in Mine Dewatering on a similar level in a large open pit mining operation
Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience in open pit dewatering, pump, pipe selection and design.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to multi-task & work well under pressure and in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- High regard and commitment to safe work practices
- Computer literate in Microsoft office suit and Pronto
- Good leadership qualities – Bolder, Smarter, Driven
- Participate and contribute in safe practice and environmental awareness
- Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices
- Identification of potential hazards and ensuring appropriate action is taken
- Maintain a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness
- Raise, discuss and resolve safety issues at regular meetings
- Identify safety hazards and rectify/control
- Adhere to and enforce all aspects of the company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Access safety hazard reports and follow up on corrective actions.
- Run safety meetings/toolbox talks on a daily basis
Applications close: 13 Jun 2019 FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.first-quantum.com.