WebsiteZambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS)
Zambia Open Community Schools (ZOCS) exists to enable the OVC in Zambia, especially the Girl Child and Children with Disabilities to access quality education. ZOCS hopes to achieve this through Advocacy, Capacity Building and support to Community Schools through Service Delivery, mainstreaming the cross cutting issues of gender, HIV and AIDS and disability, as well as learning-based monitoring and evaluation of its interventions. ZOCS seeks to recruit a qualified candidate who is motivated and result oriented to fill the following Position:
POSITION – DISTRICT COORDINATORS (2) – KABWE & CHOMA
REPORTS TO – PROJECT MANAGER
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide quality assurance to ZOCS’ education-focused work including supervision of and technical support to the District Facilitators in assigned project Districts; advise the Project Manager and give strategic guidance for ZOCS’ programming needs related to the project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that project activities are on track and adapted to latest national and international developments in relation to community schools and children’s right to education.
- Advise the Project Manager on latest developments in the field and implementation strategies and approaches for the project.
- Provide technical support to District Facilitators in the day to day running of the project.
- Ensure regular monitoring of project schools including coordinating monitoring schedules with Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and District Facilitators.
- Coordinate project implementation in the assigned project districts including constructions, trainings, meetings and Teaching and Learning Materials (TLM) procurement and distribution.
- Ensure the production of high quality field reports that inform project direction and implementation.
- Coordinate data management and reporting for the project, in the assigned districts
- Ensure timely submission of high quality donor bi-annual reports in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- University degree or Advanced Diploma in Education or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in the education sector or development work and management of School/Community systems.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in a similar role with advisory responsibilities essential.
- Previous staff supervision experience essential.
- Project Management experience desirable.
- NGO experience desirable.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as being part of the team.
- Must demonstrate integrity, fairness and high personal and professional standards.
- Skills in the use of Office tools (Word/Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Working with People (team player)
- Drive for Results
Interested candidates should send their application with detailed updated Curriculum Vitae, with copies of credentials, to the address below not later than close of business day on Friday, 10th May, 2019. The subject in the letter of application to read “Application for the position of District Coordinator”. You should also indicate your area of preference. Please do not submit applications through email. Any application sent through email will NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The Executive Director
Zambia Open Community Schools
No. 20 Tito Road, Rhodes Park
P.O Box 50429
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com