Annual Graduate Recruitment 2019
- Kampala Road, Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region – and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Uganda and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte East Africa currently has exciting opportunities for dynamic individuals to join as entry level Associates in our Audit, Risk Services and Tax Departments. These positions will be based in the Kampala, Uganda office.
Main Purpose of Job
Ensure that the fieldwork is conducted economically and per agreed client and Firm standards.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies
You will be supporting high performing teams to make an impact that matters to deliver exceptional client service.
Key Performance areas in Audit
- Assist in planning work on assigned segments of the audit.
- Execute detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports and procedures and conducting audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, reports and analytical reviews, as necessary.
- Prepare work papers which record and summarize audit procedures performed and ensure that working paper are files have approved firm guidelines.
- Assist in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement.
- Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frames and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets.
- Keep the manager updated on any issues arising from the assignment.
- Assist with departmental administration tasks such as filing and updating of client files.
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time
Key performance areas in Risk Services
- Support the delivery efforts of the engagement team in area of competency;
- Manage engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management;
- Effectively perform the technical components of risk assessments to provide an accurate view of the client’s current risk state;
- Perform end-to-end business process analyses and design;
- Assess and design internal controls by applying an understanding of internal control design frameworks and regulatory requirements;
- Gather, synthesize, and analyze data using appropriate tools and technologies; and,
- Form a domain knowledge through the active participation in internal and external initiatives.
Key performance areas in Tax
- Support the Partner/Director on delivery of designated engagement / project, managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables;
- Develop knowledge of current tax legislation across the Global Tax and Legal function;
- Recognize the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client;
- Collect, assimilate, and analyze data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions for solving problems in the Tax and Legal business; and,
- Apply technology knowledge to address client business challenges.
To be considered for the Associate role, you must possess the following attributes:
- At least an upper second class honor’s degree from a recognised institution preferably in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce, Actuarial Science or related field;
- A minimum of 17 points for candidates that did four (4) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A minimum of 16 points for candidates that did three (3) principle subjects at ‘A’ Level or equivalent;
- A first Grade in ‘O’ Level (with at least credit 3 in English and Mathematics) or equivalent;
- Undertaking studies leading to qualification in specific area (i.e. ACCA, CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP, CFA, PGD in Tax or ADIT ) is added advantage; and,
- Be a Ugandan Citizen.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Strategic direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Talent development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From the on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
To the successful candidates, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte Uganda Careers page
Closing date: 21 April 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.