Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme units (PUs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the position of Community Development Facilitator – Microfinance in Eastern Program Area
Community Development Facilitator – Micro Finance x 1 (NYIMBA) X1 (PETAUKE) X1 (KATETE)
The position of CDF- Microfinance is the link between Plan International Zambia in the Zambia Fast Track Community Based Microfinance Project and the Microfinance Community Based Financial Institutions (CBFIs)/ Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLA) groups in the communities where PLAN implements Micro Finance activities. This is to ensure facilitation of all development activities done within the community are helping to improving the Economic Status of Individuals, Families and Communities to better support their Children.
The incumbent will be reporting to Micro Finance Project Coordinator and is responsible for:
- Working closely with Master Trainers and Community Based Trainers
- Actively supporting and facilitation of OSAWE groups
- Facilitating project implementation and supporting scale up through design, planning, monitoring and evaluation in the assigned area of operation
- Facilitating effective participation of children, families, communities and stakeholders in savings group activities
- Facilitating the integration of other activities in savings groups in the field
- Participating in community entry processes as savings groups are being introduced (involve local leadership) , feasibility studies, risk analyses, baseline surveys, phase – in and phase – out strategies
- Strengthening good working relationships with all stakeholders/implementing partners; and holding regular meetings with community structures such as Master Trainers and Community Based Trainers Networks.
- Enhancing community capacity building in financial inclusion.
- Representing Plan at all developmental meetings held in the community
- Establishing good working relations with children, families, community leadership, community based organizations (CBOs), government extension staff and other stakeholders at ward and village levels
- Participating in stakeholder meetings at village levels
Candidates will need to demonstrate possession of:
- Minimum qualification; Diploma in Development work, community based micro finance or related fields.
- 2-3 years practical experience in a similar role in a development organization. Especially as a community mobilizer working with Community Based Financial Institutions (CBFIs) such as Savings/ OSAWE groups in an NGO environment
- Must possess proven ability to create good working relationships with partners, donors, NGO’S and relevant line ministries
- Good community participatory skills
- Excellent public speaking and writing skills
- Excellent planning, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Advanced computer skills
- Possess a valid motor bike riding license
- Knowledge of local languages spoken in Eastern Province will be an added advantage
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com