Requisition Number: 505402
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Carry out planned maintenance jobs as per MMS Standards
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical; replacing parts and components.
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning after maintenance.
- Maintain vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keep shop equipment operating according to operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance
- Ability to use the Vehicle troubleshooting tool (Scanner) is an added advantage
- Adhere to all standard instructions at all times
- Must exercise good time management at all times
- Must exercise high level of discipline
- Must always be co-operative and communicative
- Must be safety conscious at all times
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade 12
- Craft Certificate from recognised institution
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience as an Auto Mechanic
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
Applications close: 21 May 2019 FLE Daylight Time
To apply please visit careers.first-quantum.com.