ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2018/2019 UNDERGRADUATE PRIVATE ADMISSIONS FOR SEPTEMBER INTAKE AT MUBS JINJA CAMPUS
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2018/2019 UNDERGRADUATE PRIVATE ADMISSIONS FOR FEBRUARY INTAKE AT MUBS JINJA CAMPUS
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Ugandan ,East African, S.Sudan and International Applicants for the Undergraduate programmes under the private sponsorship scheme for 2018/2019 Academic Year February Intake to be offered at Makerere University Business School (Jinja Campus).
1. Applicants should have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes, or its equivalent and at least two Principal passes at Advanced level (UACE) obtained at the same sitting.
- Hold at least a Second class/ Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma or otherwise as specified in the Diploma holders requirements from a recognized chartered Institution, relevant to the programme applied for. Certified copies of academic transcripts and Certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photography MUST be submitted to Office 315 Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online. (Details of the Diploma holders’ admission requirements for the 2018/2019 Academic Year can be viewed on the Notice Board of the Undergraduate Admissions Office or on Makerere University Website: mak.ac.ug).
- Be a Graduate from a Recognized Chartered University.
Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding Institutions and one Passport size photograph MUST be submitted to Office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
|A) DAY PROGRAMMES|
|CODE||YEAR OF STUDY||Ugandans, E African & S. Sudan (Tuition Fees per Semester in UGX)||INTERNATIONAL|
|i||BBJ||Bachelor of Business Computing||3 years||1,328,250||$830|
|ii||BRC||Bachelor of Catering and Hotel Management||3 years||1,368,500||$930|
|B) EVENING PROGRAMMES|
|i||BRO||Bachelor of Business Administration||3 years||885,500||$558|
|ii||CRO||Bachelor of Procurement and Supply Chain Management||3 years||885,500||$558|
|iii||BJJ||Bachelor of Commerce||3 years||885,500||$558|
NOTE THAT EACH STUDENT SHALL BE REQUIRED TO PAY NON-REFUNDABLE FUNCTIONAL FEES IN ADDITION TO THE TUTION FEES AS FOLLOWS:
AFRICA & S.SUDAN INTERNATIONALS
- Semester One 740,500/= $.596
- National Council for Higher Education(Per Year) 20,000/= Shs.20,000/=
- HOW TO APPLY
- Application is online for all Applicants but Diploma/Degree holders will have to submit certified copies of their Transcripts and Certificates and a pass port size photograph to Office 315, level 3, Senate Building.
- Non- Refundable application fee of Shs. 50,000/= for Ugandans, East African and S.Sudan applicants and $75 or equivalent in Uganda shillings for Internationals plus Bank Charge of Shs. 2,750/= should be paid from the following Banks:
|No||Bank||Account Title||Account No.|
|1||ANY STANBIC BANK||MUC-FEES COLLECTION CASH||9030005866749|
|2||ANY DFCU BANK||MUC-FEES COLLECTION||01083500181477|
|3||ANY CENTENARY BANK||MUC FEES COLLECTION||3740300001|
|4||ANY POSTBANK UGANDA||MUC FEES COLLECTION||1630037000063|
- Candidates who hold Grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of O’level results should not apply because they are not eligible for Admission.
- Diploma Holder applicants who hold Class Three (3) Diploma Certificates OR Pass Diplomas are not eligible for Admission and therefore should not apply , except where stated in the Diploma Holders requirements.
- MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USER GUIDE
- Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL http//admissions.mak.ac.ug
- Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for form” button.
- Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
- Stanbic Bank
- Post Bank
- Centenary Bank
- DFCU Bank
- Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered are very grave indeed.
- Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their risk.
- The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
- The University has made arrangements to assist applicants who may need help to be able to apply online at MUBS Main and Jinja Campus.
Watch for Recruitment Date for September Intake on the School website…