Job Title: Administration Officer (2 Job Placements)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programme
The European Union Emergency Trust Fund (EUTF) and the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) have commissioned the Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) with the programme ”Supporting Refugees and Host Communities in Northern Uganda“. The main objective of the programme is the improvement of the inclusive socio-economic development of refugees and the host population within the three districts of Northern Uganda, namely Arua, Adjumani and Moyo, which are amongst the districts with the highest percentage of refugees. The programme combines the support to the district local government structures, efforts to create income and employment and the support for agricultural activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing daily office operations
- Providing administration support to the team in line with GIZ/EU standard procedures
- Organising events and meetings
- Providing logistics support
- Managing travel bookings and travel claim submissions
- Managing stocks and inventories .
- In this context, the Administration Officer fulfils the following tasks:
- Supports the team with general administrative duties as assigned
- Liaises with conference and events venues to ensure suitable services and facilities
- Supports the planning, preparation and logistical set up of events in close collaboration with team members (reservations, reimbursement of transport allowance and per diem, etc.)
- Manages stock levels and initiates the purchasing of office supplies
- Maintains an inventory of programme assets
- Conducts cash handling under the supervision of the supervisor
- Supports the administration of local subsidies in close collaboration with team members
- Books travel for team members and supports the timely submission of travel claims
- Responsible for filing of all relevant documents (electronically or in hard copy) according to the GIZ/EU filing system
- Maintaining service request records
- Updating training, consultancy lists, and databases as advised by the technical staff
- Regularly checking of logbooks of all the project vehicle and calculate fuel consumption. Finance and Accounting
- Preparing financial documents (vouchers, receipts, invoices etc.) to be delivered to country office through HlSE office in Kampala.
- Helping in the preparation of internal/external controls and audits.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Assists in and/or carries out other office activities and other tasks, as Assigned
- The GIZ Administration Officer must hold a University degree in Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a similar position
- Extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Other knowledge, additional competences .
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English
- Madi and/or Lugbara language skills are a very strong asset
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, email, internet and computer applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional attitude and conduct
- Team player
- Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
All interested candidates are invited to send their applications enclosing curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates along with the names and contacts of three referees. Applications should be sent by post, courier, hand delivery or e-mail to The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box: 34934, Kampala, Uganda. Phone: 0393 265028/9, 0414-231204/6; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email).
Deadline: 2nd May 2019