ZSIC Life Plc
ZSIC Life Plc is a leading life assurance company wholly ovmed by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC). The Company has a well spread branch network across Zambia, providing the market with flexible, reliable and quality life assurance, pension and fund management services. Pursuant to its vision of being the “Most preferred provider of exceptional insurance and pension services”, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified, result oriented and self-motivated Zambian nationals to fill the following position under the Procurement Unit:
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (ZL6)
To assist the Prxurement and Supplies Manager in Planning and coordinating all operational/support related procurement activities to ensure timely availability of goods, services and works required for the efficient and effective operations of ZSIC Life Plc.
- Pro-actively liaises with users to ensure that all the budgeted operational/ support related activities for goods, services and works are requested for in time;
- Ensures that all received purchase requisitions have accurate, precise and clear specifications/ terms of reference;
- Works together with the Procurement and Supplies Manager to determine the apprcvriate procurement method to use for each purchase requisition received.
- Arranges for tender opening meetings and tender opening reports for all operational support procurements;
- Raises purchase orders for all operational / support related procurement;
- Expedites placed purchase orders to ensure timely delivery;
- Assists the supervisor in ensuring that all imported goods are cleared with customs/ Ministry of Finance;
- Prepares solicitation documents/expressions of interest/request for proposals (RFP) and send the same to suppliers/ consultants;
- Prepares quotation analysis sheets (for simplified bidding process);
- Prepares and submits monthly reports to the Procurement and Supplies Manager on all procurement activities undertaken;
- Files and maintains records of all procurement documents such as enquiries quotations/bids, analysis sheets, approvals, purchase orders, Procurement Committee minutes and any other documents for ease of retrieval;
- Ensures that atl received operationat/support related purchase requisitions are recorded and authorized;
- Provides constant feedback to the manager on the status of all pending cverational related procurements;
- Assists the Procurement and Supplies Manager in arranging for bids evaluation and procurement Committee meetings;
- Performs any other official duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and management.
- School certificate or equivalent;
- Full CIPS or A Bachelors degree in purchasing and supply;
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience in a reputable organisation;
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Possesses good project management skills;
- Has very good negotiation skills;
- Has very good numerical skills;
- Values time;
- Is computer Iiterate;
- Has good interpersonal skills;
- Is a team Player;
- Observes confidentiality;
- Is self-motivated;
- Possesses a high degree of integrity and is honest
- Is open minded;
- Is mature and has good judgement.
Interested persons can send their application letters accompanied by Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of educational and professional certificates including details of three contactable references.
Please note that hard copy applications will not be accepted.
The deadline for submissim of applications is Monday, 10th May 2021 by 17:00 hours. Please address your applications to:
The Head Human Capital & Administration
ZSIC Life Plc
Stand No. 4432, Cairo Road