Mooto Holdings Ltd
Mooto Holdings Ltd is a diversified agribusiness enterprise operating in poultry production and processing, fruits and vegetables, and provides agribusiness consultancy. The company undertakes its activities through its three subsidiaries namely; Mooto Cashew Suppliers Ltd, Mooto School of Excellence and Maima General Dealers Ltd. With its registered office in Mwembeshi area of Mumbwa district, the company has operations in Lusaka and western province.
The Position of Director – Livestock Operations is a senior management role overseeing all the livestock operations across the subsidiaries of Mooto Holdings LTD and out grower cooperatives and farmers. The position holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors for Mooto Holdings Ltd.
1. Maintains animal health by diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries.
2. Determines the nature of disease or injury by examining animals.
3. Restores animal health by treating animals surgically or medically.
4. Prevents dieses by ensuring regular vaccination of all animals and administer nutritional supplements.
5. Promotes health of animals by ensuring sanitation measures, feeding, and general care is up to standard.
6. Documents actions by completing and updating forms, reports, and animal records.
7. Reporting diseases to management and public health officials to ensure quick action is taken.
8. facilitate the procurement and supply of vaccines, medication, supplements and feed for all animals.
9. Undertake post mortem of all dead animals and file a cause of death certificate with recommendation to
prevent any further deaths.
10. Update the animal register taking into consideration reproduction, procured stock, mortalities and
11. Ensure statutory and good practice compliance in animal breeding, movement and processing.
12. Manage all livestock operations from procurement, distribution, breeding, processing to supply.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Completion of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM).
2. At least 3 years post qualification experience in a reputable organization providing veterinary
3. Experience in the Poultry Sector will be an added advantage.
Salary & Benefits
1. ZMW 5000 basic pay
2. Airtime allowance including internet access worth ZMW 1,000;
3. Full decent housing in a 3 bedroomed self contained house;
4. Paid up utility bills exclusively electricity and water bills to the limit of ZMW 1000;
5. Medical Insurance for immediate family and legally adopted dependents
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 14th May 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legitimate employers should never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- If you are asked for money do not proceed.
- Find more information on how to conduct a safe job search here.