Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre
Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre seeks to employ a competent Accountant.
The Lodge is Located in Meanwood Ibex Hill off Great East Road. This scenic Hilltop location is perfect for any group function, Including meetings and Conferences.
Job Title: Accountant
Reports To: Chief Accountant
The general responsibility of the Accountant is summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. Perform audits on the overall lodge operations which includes cash register, credit card statement and banking accounts. Familiar with tracking and analyzing financial data.
As a member of the team of Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre, your job description is to ensure that we exceed the expectations of each and every guest and that they leave the property as ambassadors for our brand. The position being offered, Accountant, and tasks listed below is how you execute your role on the team on a regular basis. When required, as a leader and example setter, you will lead and participate in any actions required to send the guest away in a positive manner.
1. Manage the Lodge Budget:
- Monitor and manage the Lodge’s overall budget
- Monitoring expenses and making adjustment where necessary
- Administer the expense report
- Perform Audits on overall hotel operations
- Monitor multiple bank accounts on a daily basis
- Producing accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods
2. Process of Payroll
- To assist in the process of payroll
- Making sure that the payroll procedures and deadlines are followed
- Ensuring Statutory deductions and payment are followed regarding NAPSA and PAYE and other statutory deductions.
- Prepare Various Statutory returns on time to avoid penalties
3. Track expenses
- Reconciliation of bank balances
- Track employee expenses and company purchases
- Full charge processing of all accounts receivable and payable
- Prepare daily cash position and to check on return items
- Prepare and complete monthly financial statements.
- Review monthly financial statements and report track any discrepancies
- Reconcile all balance sheets and bank statements.
- · Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow
4. Guest Service
- Prepare Invoices for all Guest’s accommodation and Conferences on time
- Ensure that all payments are collected on time
- Regular follow up on all invoices sent.
- Create Group accounts for proper managing of bills and Guests accounts
Collaborations: All departments
Other skills / Success factors:
- Understanding the functions and operations a Hotel.
- Good analytical and communication service skills
- Able to work with payroll and accounts software
- IT knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and other MS office packages
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages
- Excellent problem-solving skill
- Ability to prioritise tasks, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate commitment to Lusaka Legacy Hilltop Retreat and Conference Centre mission, vision, and values.
- Share knowledge and experience.
- Unmatched attention to detail when preparing detailed financial information.
- Ethical in the way you work and ability to identify loopholes in the systems
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Diploma in Accountancy
- Fully paid Member of ZICA
- Work Experience in the Hotel/Resort environment is an added advantage
- Holder of a valid driving license
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org