HEAD OF ACADEMICS
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in community schools in Zambia. ZINL is based in Katete and has expanded its project to Sinda and Petauke Districts. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The Head of Academics is responsible for leading the Education Team at Impact Network to ensure high academic quality across all schools and develop innovative and effective methods to improve the quality of education as part of the eSchool 360 model. The position requires excellent communication and leadership skills, and a strong knowledge of how to support the improvement of educational quality in rural Zambian schools.
Responsibilities and Expectations Include:
- Lead and supervise the Education Team (comprising of Education Program Officers, Learning Officer, Curriculum Facilitator, Teacher Supervisors and the Data Assistant) in their field work across school sites, to ensure that education targets are met and the eSchool 360 model is effectively implemented.
- Supervise all work aimed at improving teachers’ professional development, including implementing a ‘coaching’ model to provide feedback on teacher performance and leading the monthly teacher training workshops.
- Oversee the curriculum mapping and development for each term’s academic activities.
- Lead the development of end of term subject exams based on termly lesson Oversee all wrap-around services and activities at schools such as Life Skills and Sexuality training, Literacy Day and guided reading activities.
- Ensure that appropriate education data is collected and processed to be able to track key performance indicators, aimed at meeting a range of educational targets. Lead the analysis of education data to make informed strategic decisions on how the Education Team can work to improve instructional practice and student learning outcomes across all schools.
- Liaise with the appropriate team members regarding specific school needs, student attendance, PTA involvement and overall school performance in a timely manner.
- Act as a representative of Impact Network in collaborating and liaising with key education stakeholders such as DEBS and other partner organisations.
- Provide weekly reports to the ZINL Director of Programs and Director of Academics and Evaluation for Impact Network International to summarize progress, challenges encountered and suggested ways forward.
- Candidates should have a minimum of a college degree in Education in conjunction with 6+ years relevant work experience.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and present diplomatic solutions to obstacles encountered
- Good experience leading teacher professional development initiatives such as training and coaching
- Strong understanding of developing and revising primary school curriculum and assessments a strong plus
- Experience managing staff across several sites and insight into working in rural settings with minimal resources
- Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in Cinyanja and English
- Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, smartphone usage, scanning
- Punctuality, reliability and attention to detail
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province with frequent travel to Sinda and Petauke.
Compensation is based on education, experience and suitability for the role.
Complete the application via clicking the apply now button.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.