Universität Hamburg Merit Scholarships 2019/2020 for International Students
With its merit scholarship program, Universität Hamburg supports outstanding international students and doctoral researchers of all subjects and degree levels who are actively involved in a social or intercultural context. The awarding of a merit scholarship allows recipients to concentrate fully on their studies and gives them the opportunity to develop their skills.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Germany
Type: Undergraduate, Masters
Eligibility: You are entitled to funding if you:
- are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters (master’s students can apply after 1 semester);
- do not hold German citizenship;
- are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG);
- demonstrate good to excellent academic performance;
- will reside in Hamburg during the entire funding period;
- are in financial need.
- good to excellent academic performance
- other verifiable knowledge and capabilities (e.g., presentations, publications, prizes; additional specialised skills); previous funding
- social and/or intercultural activities (e.g., confirmation of volunteer work)
- applicant’s need/social situation
Number of scholarships: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The maximum monthly funding sum is €650. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (about 3-4 scholarships in each application round).
Duration of Scholarship: Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). It is possible to re-apply for a scholarship after being awarded. The maximum funding period in justified exceptional cases is 3 years
How to Apply: See link below