Programs Development Secretary at Lusaka YMCA
- Company: Lusaka YMCA
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
A reputable Christian Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) specialized in Youth Development is looking for a strong executive level professional to become its Program Development Secretary at its Lusaka Local Association.
The Program Development Secretary is reponsibily for programs implementation and Proposal writing for the Local Association. He/She ensures that the vision of the organisation is translated into reality. In addition the office holder would among others, carry out the under-mentioned responsibilities:
The position holder will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of the Association’s Strategic Plan that is aligned with the Association’s Vision.
- Development of strategic alliances, representation, advocacy and influencing of policies on youth with all relevant stakeholders.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Association’s staff and the various Local Associations in the achievement of the strategic goals of the Association.
- Formulate and Carry out fundraising programs to help fund local youth activities .
To be considered you must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in NGO Management, Project management,Social Work, Business Administration, Development Work, Youth Development,Inovation and Entrepreneurship,Marketing or a related field
- A minimum of five (3) years’ experience at management level either with a youth based organization, an NGO or a governmental agency;
- Assertive and takes initiative to make things happen
- Proven experience and abilities in social enterprise management, leadership and project management;
- Multitasking, communication, leadership and entrepreneurship skills;
- A good understanding of Youth Development and Empowerment strategies;
- Demonstrable computer skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Team player
- Must be a Christian
- A level of interpersonal, cross-cultural, ability to work under pressure and negotiation skills
- Minimum age of 30 years
- Sound knowledge of Project Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management and Youth Issues
- Grasp of good corporate governance
- Ability to build alliances to attract resources
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and proven ability in the English Language
How to Apply
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application not later than 16:00hrs on 30th August 2019 with contact phone number(s), a letter of motivation and a three page (or less) detailed curriculum vitae with a portfolio of competencies and three contactable referees to:
email@example.com with mention in the subject line: Programs Development Secretary Application.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Chief Executive Officer at Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited
- Company: Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme (ZCGS) was incorporated on 13th September 2017 under the Companies’ Act of 2004, as amended in 2017 and is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Zambia. The mandate of ZCGS is to provide credit guarantees to viable Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs), in order to facilitate their access to affordable financing.
The primary focus of the role will be to lead a strong team with the required technical skills, to ensure optimal growth in value and contribution of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises to the Zambian economy, as well as financial.
Additionally, the CEO will be expected to play a central role in developing and executing strategies that will secure the long – term viability of the company, and attain the goals and targets set by the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
The position reports to the Board of Directors of the company.
The successful candidate must have strong, proven leadership skills, excellent analytical and intellectual ability, and must be result-oriented.
He/She should be an astute leader with ability to motivate teams towards enhancing their performance levels and ensuring sustainability and should collaborate with the Board to establish and implement the company’s long – term objectives, strategies and plans.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies, policies, plans and programmes in order to attain the goals of the Board and Shareholders.
- Provide strategic advice to the board and interpret the economy and financial market with a view to determining any changes required in strategic direction.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans.
- Advise the Board on matters of policy, planning, priorities and other issues that are fundamental to the mission and direction of the company.
- Lead the establishment of progressive management and human resources policies and practices to ensure a motivated workforce and a sound and upportive employee relations climate.
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen the company’s profile.
- Proven experience in senior managerial position with a strong track record.
- Experience in developing strategy and business plans.
- Extensive knowledge of the MSME lending market and an understanding of how a credit guarantee scheme can be a strategic response employed to increase financial inclusion for MSMEs.
- Thorough knowledge of financial markets and understanding of market dynamics.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build strong well — functioning motivated teams, based on delegation, coaching, identifying and managing training needs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong risk management capabilities.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
The successful candidate must have:
- An undergraduate Degree from a reputable university.
- A Master’s degree in either business administration, economics, accountancy or any related field.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience at management level in the financial sector, and demonstrated professional experience and expertise in MSME lending.
How to Apply
ZCGS will offer a competitive employment conditions to the right candidate. Applications accompanied by a curriculum vita (maximum five pages) and copies of certified academic and professional certificates must be received both by post or delivered at the address stated below and electronically firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd August 2019 addressed to the:
The Board Chairperson
Zambia Credit Guarantee Scheme Limited
Corner of Bishops/Roan Road
Plot 164-171 corner roan
P. O Box 51180