ActionAid Zambia is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalised and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of YOUTH MOVEMENTS, NETWORKS AND MOBILIZATION INSPIRATOR to be based at the Global Platform in Lusaka.
The Youth Movement and Networks Mobilization Inspirator will be an integral part of the Youth Team within ActionAid and will be based at the Global Platform Zambia. Global Platform Zambia is a center for youth empowerment and activism and the home of the ActionAid Youth Team.
1. Building networks, including Activista and past participants.
ActionAid Zambia is committed to supporting and amplifying the amazing work of already existing movements, networks and organizations. The Youth Movements & Networks mobilization assistant is responsible for support and connecting these groups to ensure there are carry out the most impactful work possible. This will include:
- Building and managing a database of organization, movements and networks both private and public
- Supporting and coaching networks to deliver great activism activities
- Connecting networks
- Spear heading ways to connect, convene and inspire movements networks and organization to take collective action together
2. International, regional and national mobilization.
ActionAid Zambia is able to secure many opportunities for young people to speak out at national, regional and international policy forums and it is essential that we have strong and accountable mechanisms to get the most strategic young people to these events and that their participation is fully leveraged when back in their communities. The Youth Movements & Networks mobilization assistant is responsible for ensuring this process happens successfully. This will include:
- Setting up a clear and accountable process for selections
- Coordinating all opportunity
- Promoting opportunities
- Planning activities
- Proving logistical support to young people to attend events
3. Activity delivery coordination and logistical support
Global Platform is committed to delivering high quality and timely activities, focused on impact. The Youth Movements & Networks mobilization assistant will be responsible for providing logistical and coordination support to deliver youth mobilization activities. the team where needed
4. Activism and Policy
Global Platform supports, connects and amplifies the advocacy and activism work of young people. The Youth Movements & Networks mobilization assistant will support and inspire a progressive crop of activists to deliver their initiatives leading to tangible change.
- Keep up to date on current affairs and policy issues relevant to youth at a national and regional level
- Support Global Platform to links activists with our programme of activities to inspire civic and political participation of young people
- Keep up to date on successful activism from across the globe and share it with the young people the Global Platform works with
- Provide support and mentorship to young activists to deliver strong and impactful advocacy initiatives
- Be part of the organizing of key moments activities like International Youth Day
- Inspire action in others through your own experience and commitment to activism
5. Monitoring, Evaluation, Analysis and learning (MEAL)
Global Platform is committed to delivering real life impact in young people’s lives and therefore the Youth Movements & Networks mobilization assistant will be responsible to ensuring we are effectively monitoring, evaluating, analyzing and learning from our youth mobilization activities. This will mean:
- Being committed to Global Platform MEAL processes.
- Actively participating in activities designed to support the development of a learning organization;
- Actively support all MEAL process;
- Support documentation of stories of change
- Offer support during report compilation
- Support proposal development processes
- Participate in outcome Harvesting exercises
- Research new trends;
- Work effectively with the Programme quality assistant
6. Organizational Support:
To ensure the Global Platform runs effectively an in a supporting environment its essential that all team members support the organization building, this will include:
- Attending and actively participating in weekly team meetings
- Developing annual objectives and workplan
- Supporting other team members
- Attending quarterly team building and refection workshops
- Working on personal growth and development with GPM.
- Attend monthly individual meetings with supervisor
- Following all organizational policies specifically financial, gender and child protection.
Any degree discipline is acceptable for entry into the profession, although a Masters in any Social Sciences will be added advantage
- Experience of youth activism and passionate about youth-led activism
- Experience in movement building
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating or capturing learning for projects
- Experience of coordinating complex activities
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English are essential
- Demonstrable experience in peer to peer learning
- Strong analytical skills and good political judgment is desirable, participatory training methods and action research
- Ability to write concise, analytical and accurate reports to meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Good negotiation/interpersonal skills, able to build rapport with diverse range of people
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- Genuine commitment towards the Human Rights-Based Approach principles which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the organization’s core values.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description and Curriculum Vitae to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Jeston.email@example.com. The Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 23rd August 2019 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified females are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org