: Canada Universities
: Canadian Citizens and International Students
: Engineering Sciences, Health
: Fully Funded $50,000 per year for a period of three years.
Canada Government funded Phd Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) 2019 is open for Canadian Citizens and International Students. The scholarship allows PhD level programm(s) in the field of Engineering Sciences, Health taught at Canada Universities . The deadline of the scholarhip is November 6, 2019
Degree Level: Vanier Canada Scholarships provide PhD Oppurtunities under the scholarship scheme.
Available Subjects: Under the scholarship scheme you can apply for PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarships will provide $50,000 per year for a period of three years.
Elgible Nationalities: Canadian Citizens, permanent residents and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To be considered for a Vanier CGS, you must:
• be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
• be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
• not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2020
• have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the institution for its definition of a first-class average; and
• must not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program OR the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system. The nominating institution then forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by 6 November 2019.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and to know the complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: 06 Novemebr 2019