DEPARTMENT: Airtel Money
VACANCY: Compliance Officer
JOB LEVEL: Senior Officer
The role will participate in direct coordination with Compliance Manager, in developing and executing strategy and departmental governance and compliance for the OPCO.
REPORTING TO COMPLIANCE MANAGER, THE MAIN DUTIES WILL BE:
- Identify compliance risk within Op-Co and ensure tracking of findings for closure
- Execute Snap checks on critical functions of Airtel Money business
- Design Gap analysis for all Compliance processes and controls.
- Assist with annual review of existing Airtel Money Policies
- Analyze and identify possible money laundering activity reported by Op-Co & Banks
- Raise Suspicious Transactions reports in line with prescribed format by Financial Intelligence Centre
- Liaise with Law Enforcement on cases requiring Police investigation
- Respond to Opco’s AML & Compliance inquiries.
- Review and address systems generated and manual AML alerts.
- Assist in managing, driving and supporting the initiative of AML framework.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and monitor trends
- Strong reporting writing
- Intermediate to advanced Micro-soft excel and Access use
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- 2 years’ experience in either of telecommunication, external audit, digital financial services or banking experience.
- Knowledge of AML regulations, more specifically in banks and other financial institutions that are regulated by the Central Bank.
- Understanding of data analysis, auditing and reconciliation methods and procedures
- Proven ability to take large amounts of multi-faceted data and create insightful and meaningful information to be used in business decision making
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills with all levels of management in a professional capacity
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines
- Strong capability to pull reports, load information, and trend data
- Ability to work with cross- functional teams across businesses
- Demonstrated high integrity
Suitable candidates are invited to apply sending through their CVs to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Tuesday 23rd July 2019
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.