Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to over one million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to over 158,000 school children in the Eastern Province of Zambia. This role is based in Chipata, Eastern Province and is part of the Mary’s Meals International Global Programmes team.
The Risk and Security Officer (RSO) will be managing the Mary’s Meals Security and Risk Management operations. S/he will oversee all security operations, fire safety, staff compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Vehicle and premises safety, Crisis Management Planning, and security and Risk Management trainings.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and insurance requirements for Mary’s Meals activities are strictly observed.
- Ensure strict observance of the Mary’s Meals Security Policy
- Provide quality assurance by carrying out school visits and field data audits to ascertain data validity and reliability.
- Monitoring performance, accuracy and efficiency of SOP’s, Vehicle management tools and safety policies.
- Conducting Crisis Management Planning, and Training.
- Supporting the training programmes for Fire Marshals and ensuring Staff fire safety.
- Coordinating Organizational Crisis Management and recommending measures to ensure that the organization always provides a quality service without compromising its operating and insurance standards.
- Ensuring the Safety and Security of all Mary’s Meals assets including buildings, vehicles, communication equipment.
- Monitor the equipment within vehicles and premises to ensure these are maintained to the specified standard.
- Review all SOP’s to ensure that they remain relevant to the Mary’s Meals operations.
- Ensure the accurate maintenance of the Disaster Preparation Crisis Management Manual.
- In liaison with Senior Management and the designated Security and Risk Management focal person in Mary’s Meals International manage amendments and introduction of new Security and Risk Management Policies and Procedures.
- Familiarize and coordinate with local authorities and law enforcement agents.
- Liaise with other NGO Security officers
- Attend necessary Security forums within the country and community.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Security and Risk Management issues.
- Provide security briefing to Mary’s Meals Zambia visitors and new members of staff.
- Bring an awareness to all country staff in times of panic or emergency occurring
- Conducting site inspections for all buildings associated with Mary’s Meals with the view of identifying and rectifying risks.
- Periodically conducting risk and compliance audits in the various functions of Mary’s Meals.
- Carry out any other duty that may be lawfully and reasonably
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Degree in Strategic Management, Security or Risk Management, Business Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain management, or a relevant subject or equivalent level of professional experience.
- Experience of managing logistics, specifically in areas of stock management, warehousing and fleet management
- Advanced and well-developed inter-personal skills, with solid track record in persuading and influencing others
- Fluent written and spoken English and ability to communicate well across all levels
- Able to work well with people of different cultures and nationalities
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to take a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of the principles of international development
- Understanding of the place of school feeding in development.
- Familiarity with using fleet management systems
- Team management experience, including leading, engaging and motivating a team
- Experience of developing, monitoring and reporting against agreed plans.
- Driving License
- Experience of training and coaching
- Assigned by management from time to time.
Method of Application.
Send a letter detailing your suitability and a detailed recent CV to the following address;
Email to email@example.com
Applications to be received not later than Friday, 17th July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to jobs.zambia@Marysmeals.org