Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Driver (1) on the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) sponsored Zambia Families (ZAMFAM) South Central project, which is operational in Southern and Central Provinces of Zambia. The project’s focus is on supporting Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC’s) through integrated household and community approaches. The position will be based in Kabwe.
Duties and essential job functions
- Ensure that the vehicle is in road worthy condition before it is used
- Perform routine checks of oil, fuel, battery, and clutch fluid and water levels in the radiator every day
- Ensures that there is spare wheel, Jack, spanners, triangles, fire extinguishers, first aid box etc. in the vehicle at the beginning and end of each day
- Cleans the vehicle both inside and outside at each journey or end of each day, before handing over the vehicle keys to the responsible person
- Reports any maintenance requirements to the Head Driver as soon as it is identified
- Ensures the passengers take safety precautions before any journey begins e.g by wearing seat belts
- Conversant with the operations mechanism of the vehicle
- Conversant with and observe motor vehicle policy of DAPP/ZAMFAM
- Up to date with any changes in road traffic regulations
- Ensures that every journey and fueling/refueling are recorded in the Motor Vehicle Log Book
- Delivers materials and personnel to instructed destinations, ensuring safety at all times
- Ensure that the vehicle is serviced each time it travels 5000 kilometers
- Ensures that the vehicle is driven for official duties only
- Completion of Grade 12 level of Education
- Valid motor vehicle driving licence
- Valid Police Clearance Report
- Knowledge of basic mechanics
- At least One year experience
Applying for the Job
Qualified persons should write a cover letter indicating the current gross salary and expected gross salary. This should be accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and sent to:
Human Resources Officer
DAPP in Zambia – ZAMFAM Project
Plot 27 Lukanga Road, Amaka House, Kabwe
E-mail: to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of certificates and other credentials must be attached together with the application letter
For email applications, the position title must be indicated in the subject area of the email.
The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document preferably in word or pdf, and the applicants full names must be used as the file name for the document.
The closing date for receiving applications shall be 19th June, 2019.
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com