Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for the position of Accounts Clerk (1) on the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) sponsored Zambia Families (ZAMFAM) South Central project, which is operational in Southern and Central Provinces of Zambia. The project’s focus is on supporting Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC’s) through integrated household and community approaches. The position will be based in Kabwe.
Duties and essential job functions
1. Project Accounting
- Review and ensure prompt retirement of receipts from the project
- Ensure that monthly reports are reviewed for data quality; and work directly and promptly with the Project Leader to correct any inaccuracies.
- Facilitate the daily, weekly and monthly disbursement of funds to project staff for approved expenditure according to budget, and update of Cash Books
- Analyse and balance/creditors balances on the Trial Balance and make sure it is signed out by the Project Accountant
- Review and post invoices as per the Invoice Master Plan which is maintained by the Head of Department
- Assist the Project Accountant and Project Leaders in collecting outstanding accounts receivables
- Prepare receipts, ensuring that they reconcile with the revenue and system reports, reviewing supporting documentation, that is, ensuring that funds received from the partner have been receipted
- Process and review receipts and travel expense reports related to the Project
- Provide year-end support of external auditors requirements, which may include vouching and reconcilement
- Ensure that all relevant information entered, or correspondence with the donor partner is maintained on a respective file for the respective donor
- Ensure all documents are received on or before 5th of each month for the previous month.
2. Payroll accounting
- Review for arithmetical accuracy and calculation salary advances and housing allowance advance request.
- Filing of all payroll input like salary advances and housing allowance advance request forms
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries. This includes processing job cost payroll journals and general ledger entries
- Files appropriate records on employee receivable balances
- File updated Work Sheet for employees leave days which should be harmonized with files maintained by the HR department
- Distributes pay slips to all project staff
- Filing all payroll journals, reports and time sheets
- Assist in processing documentation pertaining to employee health benefits, such as health insurance and workers compensation
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive employee and organizational information at all times.
3. Required qualifications
- Certificate/Diploma in Accountancy
- Experience in Pastel Accounting as added advantage
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
- Two years post qualification experience
Applying for the Job
Qualified persons should write a cover letter indicating the current gross salary and expected gross salary. This should be accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and sent to:
Human Resources Officer
DAPP in Zambia – ZAMFAM Project
Plot 27 Lukanga Road, Amaka House, Kabwe
E-mail: to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copies of certificates and other credentials must be attached together with the application letter.
For email applications, the position title must be indicated in the subject area of the email.
The cover letter and CV must be one continuous document preferably in word or pdf, and the applicants full names must be used as the file name for the document.
The closing date for receiving applications shall be 19th June, 2019.
DAPP is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com