Zambia Interfaith Networking Group (ZINGO)
The Zambia Interfaith Networking Group (ZINGO) was established in 1997 to coordinate, network, mobilize resources and build competencies among ZINGO members for a holistic and compassionate approach to responding to the impact of HIV and AIDS and other related development issues. ZINGO consists of the four major Christian umbrella faith bodies in Zambia (namely the Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ), the Evangelical Fellowship of Zambia (EFZ), the Independent Churches of Zambia (ICOZ) and the Zambia Conference of Catholic Bishops (ZCCB)), the Islamic Supreme Council of Zambia, the Baha’i and Hindu Association of Zambia.
Position Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Position Type: Full-time
The Finance and Administration Officer will oversee and review ZINGO financial reports. S/he will be a resource for Secretariat staff and project staff in financial management. The Finance Officer will prepare monthly cash flow requests, financial reports and ensure proper documentation. S/he will ensure the Secretariat is cost-effective, efficient and accountable. The Finance Officer will Report to the Finance & Administration Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare financial reports in line with ZINGO policies and procedures
- Prepare budgets, track expenditure and perform variance analyses
- Ensure effective grants and financial management
- Ensure compliance with relevant donor rules, regulations and internal controls
- Post financial transactions into the accounting system
- Prepare for audits and/or financial reviews
- Provide checks and balances of financial transactions
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and ensure effective cash flow management
- Oversee the preparation of payments to vendors and other service providers
- Payroll preparation and ensure timely payment of statutory obligations
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and track bank transactions
- Ensure proper asset and inventory management in line with laid down procedures
- Reconcile activity advances and ensure adequate backup documentation
- Provide administrative and logistical support to staff for efficient programmes implementation
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/ ZICA/CIMA will be an added advantage
- Experience with Pastel Accounting system desired
- Valid ZICA membership registration
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and eager to work in an interfaith network organization
- A minimum of seven (5) years’ experience in financial management.
- Experience with international donors preferred including experience with USAID funded projects.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
Send your written application via email. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees.
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 12th June 2019
ZINGO is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability and political affiliation in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org