At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
The USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supports the Government of Zambia to reduce new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Zambian organizations and institutions.
The Internal Auditor will be required to support the Country Office in setting up internal compliance operational systems. With close collaboration with Pact HQ ensuring Pact operations are in line with both Pact and Donor guidelines and Policies. Ensure systematic Approach to assess and improve effectiveness of Internal Controls, Governance Processes and Risk Management.
Core Values: Pact employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
- All people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives
- Gender equity is mandatory for social transformation
- Resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and Pact’s role as steward of resources intended for the poor
- Diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds
- Teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships
- Innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scalable results drive strategic priorities
- Gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees
- Staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology
- A Healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfilment
Specific Duties and Responsibility:
- Conducts unannounced periodic reviews of all financial transactions and the supporting documents of the financial transaction processing functions, as well as reviews of all other support units (procurement, fleet, administration, human resources, IT) and projects.
- Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and country office needs.
- Participates in planning and conducting internal control reviews including confirmation programs and compliance testing; ensures all internal control activities are in compliance with guidance provided by the Country Office and Pact’s Director of Risk Improvement
- Prepares written reports of review findings, including specific recommendations for corrective action, where appropriate
- Prepare the internal control working papers and draft reports for review by the COP.
- Provide technical support to the Country office on all compliance related issues.
- Reviews Country Office operations for internal controls and compliance with terms and conditions of donor requirements (including US Government awards) accounting standards and Pact policy
- Reviews and tests procedures and systems of internal controls at Pact and sub recipient organizations to ensure they are functioning as planned and in accordance with sound managerial principles
- Conduct various investigations as the need arises
- Conducts internal reviews of Pact operations, including, but not limited to procurement, accounts payable, travel expense reimbursement, cash management, and human resources processes
- Provides guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization; works cooperatively with staff at HQ and in the Country Office to explain and improve processes and enhance internal controls and compliance
- Ensure timely implementation of internal control recommendations and corrective actions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and Professional Accounting/Auditing Certification required. Higher Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of Audit experience and supervisory experience required
- Experience in financial management of US Government contracts and/or sub contracts a must, preferably USAID.
- Must be registered with the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Fluent English and Local language
- Experience in federal government or SEC company internal audit
- Knowledge of OMB circulars and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills
- Ability to handle competing demands compounded by a heavy workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High level of personal integrity
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Interested and Qualified candidates should send their application letter ad CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Title in the Subject line on or before the due date 27 May 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com